Monday, June 02, 2008

Rain

They frighten me,

The dark clouds.

I close my eyes,

Lose myself to the thunder,

It grumbles-

Rain is imminent!

I hate the grumble,

It frightens me,

Why did Monet choose clouds?

I wonder!

About this damned rain,

Why do they sing?

I do not seek it,

I do not want it.

It will melt my heart,

I fear!

It will caress my hunger,

My soul, it will torture!

The rain, it will!

Sssshhhhh!!!

They hear me,

The clouds!

In quiet mutiny,

They stare at me!

‘No’, whispers the sudden breeze,

‘Rain will only cleanse you!’

And suddenly,

The snare drums ceased,

Commenced the guitar intro!

On my eyelid,

The first drop fell!

The rain, I knew then,

It will cleanse me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi sruthi, than alu kollam, good poetry. I liked particularly that shhhhhhhh! haha, good work. keep writing more