Saturday, June 19, 2010

No more

Am no more dead, my ashes
vaguely scattered in the wind,
carried away in the coldness of
his breath; no more numb.

My lung starts to breathe with
a vigor and purpose hitherto
unknown, nameless; so i run,
surreal in sublime freshness.

The deep gashes, nasty cuts that
profoundly I presented myself,
heal, veins close, wounds seal,
as I cease to suck my blood.

Though death coveted my heart,
inert soul stirs to life slowly yet.
trembling, scared and forlorn, oh!
but born of hope’s fiery womb.
Sown in love’s brutal floods.

3 comments:

Anon said...

I was talking about this.. I can show you where the nib sunk in and tore my skin.

Luke Prater said...

Great stuff, Sruthi. Some full-on 'nasty-nice' imagery in there...

I have a blog too:

http://lukepraterswordsalad.wordpress.com/

Cheers,

catch you on FB no doubt

Luke

Radhee said...

impressive!