Saturday, May 29, 2010

Persephone

My days grew dark,
As my mother scurried above
The surface, covered in the ashes
Of my still fading scream.

I hear her calls, cries,
Heartbreaking sobs for mercy,
Yet, I am helpless,
Hanging, eyes open scarce,
From the putrid clutch that
Pushes my fragile breath into
The abyss of anguish.

His face over mine, the grip
Of death; sordid and true,
I struggle with a shudder and
In his vile, mocking laughter,
I drift, lost in soulless oblivion.

My mother calls to me,
Save me, oh mother, here,
Deep in this crevice of lust,
Love, he calls it,
I be, morbid and violated.

This inferno that consumes
Souls of every man that
Ever sinned in the fires
Of evanescent desires,
Scantily scathes mine soul, but,
His touch, the master of
This misty and gloomy abode;
It, my mother, spells my doom.
Save me my mother, rescue me,
I wait, in tears and shackles
Of the Fates, I wait.

1 comment:

FIRST RENAISSANCE OF INDIA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.