Tuesday, July 04, 2006

THE CHOICE.


‘For sale, for sale, my heart for sale.’
Cried out, the poor man,
‘Quality heart, no defects, love, compassion, I offer,
Care, concern, feelings, the guarantee,
Till you die, it holds.
Fail, it shall never.
For mine and ours, together, forever!’

A gentle smile, subtle flicker in her eyes-
The passionate disclosure, the dazzling exhibit,
Withheld her awe.

Suddenly, over the breeze, a voice swept up,
Strong and clear; decidedly sharp.
‘For sale, my lady, not a heart, no!
But, life I offer, comforts, wealth.
Not the despicable love,
No paradise of love, just the Avalon of desire,
For me, our life, yours and mine!’

Struck by the glory, the lightning luster,
Of his words, his might; faltered her steps.

‘No’, cried the lover, ‘my love, buy my heart,
Bliss, peace and trust, it treasures.
Fill my soul, complete me,
Buy my heart, cherish the throbs,
For, in every one of them,
You; embedded, inscribed, engraved.’

‘Really?’ Smirked logic, ‘your every breath,
Every heartbeat, will they feed her?
Will they quench her thirst? Clothe her? Shelter her?
My lady, with all regard, hear not, this fool,
Take me, my hand, a hand not to trust, but to keep.’

In her balance, the two offers, she weighed.
Love- beautiful, enchanting,
Yet…not promising.
And I take you, my sense, my wisdom,
As my guide and my shepherd,
To conduct my life in harmony,
For all the pleasures ahead,
Not for my soul, but for my life to be alive.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are a rockstar in disguise!