Friday, April 25, 2008

Remembrance

Before I even begin, I have to to dedicate this poem to a friend of mine, who scribbled these lines on the paper on which I had written this poem and tossed aside somewhere. I happened to see it only weeks after she wrote it.


“Sorry that I scribbled on this. Its beautiful. I can see through the words but cannot fathom the intensity of the passion coz u R beyond comprehension. But as far as I know u, I love you & this knowledge is enough to love u & remember u. You bring spring to people around you. Its u who brings the lovely smiles on their faces. Freezing winter steals the colour (cheer) from the face. Let the winter pass by, coz it breeds loneliness which is not elegant. It brings along shivers (fears) & numbness.”

Of a day lost,

I wait and hope for,

With wishes uncovered,

And scattered under my feet.

I look out the window,

And see winter go by,

Vanishing elegant loneliness,

The skies turning bright blue.

And what? I ponder;

Spring does bring?

Have I forgotten the spring of mine?

Or hidden it in winter?

A sigh, I take.

Away from the window, I walk.

Not wishing to ponder beyond,

The incomprehensible loveliness,

Of the smiles that now I see,

For, in them,

My spring I find!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally agree with your friend. She knows you and wisely doesn't try to comprehend.
Same here :)

Love you, moluma.