Saturday, March 13, 2010

Heart Beat

Mend a broken heart;

Stuck it in a box,
Clamped it shut.
Sat on it till
The screams waned, but,
Unforeseen,
In one moment
The clamp came undone.

Nursing the agony,
Pieced it together,
Glued as one.
A stubborn little crack,
Vainly was I filling
When it shattered again.

Amend a broken heart;

I sat by it,
Cried memories,
And smiled regrets.
It laughed and laughed,
At my helpless sighs,
Frozen tears.

As with a friend,
Tried logic,
Reminded the betrayal,
Scolded at the unworthy hurt,
Useless questions.
Ignore, ignore
I whispered-
His name,
In the lub-dubs
That grew louder.

With patches of pain,
Stitched up what was left.
The last pull of
My last stitch,
The needle of anger-
It pricked my soul.

I dropped my heart.

The scattered beats,
The million resonances,
I gathered with trembling hands.
Among the remnants
Of divine hate,
Set fire to it.

And as the last embers dimmed,
I felt my heart beat.
My heart beats.

No comments: